CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stillness is my Everest


It's the little things. As much as I focus on the big and grand, it's the little things that make me smile and keep me laughing throughout the day. Most days.

It's a paw resting on my hand from Buddy, the glory of a space heater, or the relaxation that comes along with NCIS.

It's that feeling of instant brain power after putting on my glasses, the productivity that comes along with a to-do list, and the pure hunger satisfaction that comes with a homemade quesadilla.

Today I read my sister's blog post (I think it was from yesterday) about being still. Now for me, this might be one of THE most difficult things. Something that I constantly feel God tugging at my heart to do, stop and be still in His presence.

So I made an attempt. I have been so focused so much on the future that I haven't stopped, been still, and focused on the little things.

I walked out to the point looked at the water and stood there for a little bit. (Jealous that my stillness moment didn't include Buddy laying next to me on the grass like Stephanie's).

I took this picture with my phone with my feet facing forward. I like it because it looks like I am going to walk forward, but in reality I am standing on the ledge facing the water and just breathing.

*SIGH*

Dramatic as usual...

xoxo

Lizzy Rae

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Forget Slow Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Find High Quality Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Applications and Download Them at Flying Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]