CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

10/365

I have a confession to make. I am a scared-y cat. You probably already know this, if you have known me for more than about 5 seconds but just to give you an idea of exactly HOW much of a scared-y cat... I still sleep with a night light (well my bathroom light on with the door cracked) and I don't like coming home at night when my roommates are not there (aka my parents).

Another element to my scared-y catness is that I HATE driving in the rain. I always promised my mom I would never believe I was invincible, and there is no greater reminder of that than the fear that I feel when I am driving in the rain on a freeway in my Honda bad boy (Accord '93). Now it might have something to do with the fact that bad boy's defrosting system doesn't work fast enough for me to be able to see outside of the car when it's raining, or that bad boy starts to yell at me (make funny noises) and I don't know when he might decide to throw a fit and leave me stranded on a crowded LA freeway during rush hour.

So yesterday, an intense scared-y cat southern California fear built inside of me as the rain continued to pour all day and word of a Tornado and terrible freeway conditions began to spread... My solution to this fear? Call my roommate Dad. His office is halfway home and his car is big and sturdy and although the heater doesn't work I knew I would get home safe.

So I left my car at his office overnight, in hopes no one (someone) would steal it and I got a ride home from my dad. A ride home from Dad means a ride to work from Dad, and he is an early riser.

The worst thing about getting up early is that even in California in the winter or perhaps the summer, it is cold and all I ever want to wear is a sweatshirt.

So what's my point? My point is this. This morning my wardrobe desires were all for sweats. What is a healthy alternative for sweats in an office? A BIG COMFY SWEATER.

See below.



These are probably more useful pictures, although hideous of me and my poofy hair but don't you worry. I put my hair back. Notice: one shot with glasses, one without. Symbolism perhaps? Probably not.

The Outfit:
Once again with the cowboy boots under the jeans
Grey/black houndstooth comfy sweater
Black long sleeve

Category:
Comfy Casual

Event:
Work day number 7

Rating:
BORING!

Comments:
I love the tie on the sweater, but everything else is pretty blah. Wondering how to spice it up.

1 comments:

WanderingellimaC said...

your glasses are super cute

ps...do you read "love maegan"? i heart her. i bet you'd love her blog.
http://www.lovemaegan.com/