CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's 8:30 on a Monday Night

Random thoughts...

I made dinner tonight. Okay, I lied. I heated up brown rice in the microwave added some Italian Seasoning and heated up some chicken that my mom grilled for me last night. Whether or not I cooked it, I sure did feel domestic. I felt accomplished and excited. I love that feeling of independence no matter where it comes from.

I then moved on to homework time. Tonight's docket includes reading for Entrepreneurship and problems from the text book for Finance. I'm not sure if it's because I have great professors, if the material is more applicable than ever, or because I see the light at the end of the tunnel (aka graduation), but like the nerd I always knew I was inside... I LOVE school.

I LOVE learning and asking questions and applying them to my daily life and to be completely honest, being in an office makes me giddy. This translates into my excitement to graduate and get a job. I KNOW I KNOW... everyone says to hold on as long as I can but if you know me at all you know that patience is not my strongest virtue. I LOVE working in an office and I LOVE my job. Hint from my Childhood: At the age of 7 I was running "Family Meetings", with my coloring box brief case and make-shift pajama shirt business outfit. I guess I always knew that I would find joy in an office setting, that cubicles wouldn't scare me, that I would find dressing up for work glamorous, and that the thought of a corner office would always entice me.

SO on that note... for now I am craving something sweet, trying to talk myself into working out in the morning, wondering what I'm going to wear tomorrow, and hoping I get to talk to the bf tonight on the phone... all while trying to read the next 60 pages of Wikinomics, moving on to the first few chapters of Malcom Gladwell's Blink, and finally hopping over to Excel to create a balance sheet and income statement for Chapter 2 problems in Finance.

I sure do get random in the evenings...

0 comments: