CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Details

In an effort to be original and to save some money and following the lead of my crafty and creative mother and sister I decided to sew and paint a lot of the decorations that I wanted in my room this year. I had so much fun learning to sew curtains, pillow cases, and runners (my mom is a great teacher and my sister is a great learning partner) and expressing myself creatively by painting my own canvases for my room. As I have mentioned before, I have been a little homesick these past few weeks living in my new apartment, and I think that the following touches of home have really made my room feel more comfortable and warm and have put some of those homesick feelings at ease.

To warn you, my Dad has often described my painting and style as "college-y" not sure what that means but I have never QUITE taken it as a compliment. So I realize that this just might look a little "college-y" to you too but just know that whatever it is, I love it and I really hope you do too (but if you don't it's okay because after all you're really not the one living in it).

photo

Okay so here I am not so much showing you the pictures or my TV but the black and white runner that I sewed for my dresser.

photo

Here are the canvases that I painted with two of my favorite lyrics, I painted these as hopeful reminders of God's love and my desire to live my days for Him.

photo

This final picture shows another set of curtains and the teal pillow cases that I sewed. I love the contrast of the dark with the bright, Stephanie was my interior designer for most of these.

Check out another one of her interior design projects here.

0 comments: